I don’t know about y’all, but it is feeling like full on Spring time here in the Lowcountry. And while I’ve been enjoying a lot of very satisfying winter cocktails like the Gingerbread Whiskey Sour, the Chocolate Old Fashioned, the Haitian Divorce, my palette is ready for a spring cocktail.
I recently received a handful of goodies from the good folks at Jack Rudy Cocktail Co including: Aromatic Bitters, Bourbon Cocktail Cherries and their new Sweet Tea Syrup. The sweet tea syrup inspired this refreshing “Peach Tea Smash” that is a hybrid of an Arnold Palmer and a Whiskey Smash, with a peach thrown in for good southern measure. This cocktail is just begging to be drunk in a rocking chair on the front porch. Or in our case, in our backyard with some bug spray (front porch rockers TBD).
- Cocktail Shaker
- Paring knife (affiliate)
- Rocks glass
- Pick or cocktail straw
- Mason Jar
- In a shaker, add lemon wedges and muddle until all juice is squeezed.
- Add bourbon, sweet tea syrup and peach puree.
- Add ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- In a mason jar, add crushed ice.
- Strain cocktail onto the crushed ice.
- Garnish with slices of lemon and peach.
- Top with Jack Rudy Bourbon Cocktail Cherries.