You didn’t think I’d leave you hanging with just ONE use for that Spiced Panela syrup did you? This Spiced Apple Spritz is a crowd pleaser, it does very well in a large batch format (think: punch bowl). It’ll pair great with all of those Thanksgiving sides and that turkey you’ve been slaving away with all day. The biggest problem you’ll have after making this is refilling everyone’s glass. Cheers and Happy [almost] Thanksgiving, y’all!
- Combine the spiced rum, panels syrup and lemon juice in a shaking tin with ice and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Top with sparkling apple cider.
- Slowly pour grenadine into glass and allow it to sink to the bottom.
- Garnish with sliced apples and star anise.
Spiced Panela Syrup
- 2 Panela aka Piloncillo cones (dark brown sugar is a good substitute)
- 1½ Cups of Water
- ½ Cup of Apple Cider
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Star Anise
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 2 Allspice Berries
Method: Simmer all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce by 25%. Let it cool, store in an airtight container or bottle.