I’ve made a ton of original and classic cocktails over the past few years, but I’ve never come close to branding one my ‘signature’ cocktail… until now. The Temperance Cocktail is a recipe I recently created during a collaboration with my good friends over at The Striped Pig Distillery and Candy Herriott (aka Charleston Food Writer). I highly recommend checking out Candy’s article on the people behind the Striped Pig Distillery and the history behind the name and the spirit. I also want to give a huuuuge thanks to my buddy, Franklin McGuire (@franklinfromcharleston) for shooting this session.
Now, on to the reason you clicked on this link… You’ll find this cocktail, using Chartreuse, demerara simple syrup, cucumbers and Striped Pig’s locally-made rum, to be vibrant, bold and refreshing, all at the same time. We had a blast making these behind the bar and I’m positive you and your guests will enjoy this cocktail just as much as we did.
- In a shaker with ice, add the Rum, Aquafaba, St. Germain, Green Chartreuse, Demerara, Lime Juice and two slices of cucumber.
- Shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Strain into an another empty shaker tin.
- Shake mixture for another 20 seconds (this is called the reverse dry shake).
- Strain again into a chilled coupe and let the aquafaba foam settle.
- Add three drops of bitters directly on the foam.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and a cucumber ribbon wrapped Luxardo maraschino cherry.